Kadaknath Chicken – Malvaani
Kadaknath Chicken cooked in Malvani Style is an authentic Indian village dish. The Malvaani Masala adds great flavor to the chicken. Kadaknath chicken would be the best choice for this dish.
- Authentic and Organic Kadaknath chicken ( preferably with bones and skin) – 1 Kg, cut into small Pieces with bones.
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste : 2 teaspoons
- Coriander and chilly paste – 1 teaspoon.
- Rice Barn Oil – 3 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Malvaani Garam Masala – 3 teaspoons
- Mustard – half a teaspoon
- Fenugreek – 5-6 seeds
- Curry leaves – 5-6 leaves
- Fried Coconut and Onion Paste – 4-5, ground into a fine paste.
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Add 3 teaspoons oil in a flat-bottomed vessel.
- Add mustard seeds, followed by fenugreek seeds.
- When mustard splutters, add curry leaves, chopped onions, salt, turmeric and fry for a few minutes.
- When onion turns slightly brown, add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a few seconds (until the raw smell is gone).
- Add Kadaknath chicken and little water (adding too much water would spoil the taste, adding water until the chicken pieces are fully immersed would be the right amount). Cook the chicken until tender, it would take about 10-12 minutes approximately. *Do not add tomatoes with chicken at this stage, it will make the chicken rubbery. Add tomatoes once the chicken is cooked *
- Add 3 teaspoons of Malvaani Garam Masala, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, 2 spoons coriander powder, and mashed tomatoes. Cook for another 6-8 minutes. Add coriander and green chilly paste.
- Add onion and coconut paste to this mixture and allow it cook for another 5-minutes until the oil separates..
- Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then serve with hot rice or chapatis.
- Entire cooking is done on a medium heat.
- Spice level : Medium to Very spicy.
*All the images are indicative and for better understanding of the product. The actual product delivered may differ.